Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Follow the Process: A Resource for Your Next Campaign



When I was growing up, my neighbor did a lot of work on model ships like the one pictured above. He sometimes even put them in jars.I remember being in awe of their detail and beauty as I surveyed his hard work in his basement office area. 

When I asked him about his work, I remember him saying, "It's all about following the process, and having patience to see it through, no matter how long it takes."

I found myself reflecting on that important lesson recently when I finished the book, How to Raise $1 Million (or More!) in 10 Bite Size Steps: A Fail Proof Guide for Board Members, Volunteers and Staff by Andrea Kihlsteadt.

You may obtain your own copy of Andrea's book here

Andrea's energy and charm also come through in her recently launched website and blog, which you may find here.


In her book, Andrea outlines ten clear steps to follow in order for any campaign your nonprofit might be considering. She breaks down what can seem like an overwhelming process into manageable chunks, or bite-sized steps, as her title implies. 

At just over 100 pages, it's an easy length to read in the midst of the many things on your plate. Her straightforward style makes it seem like she is in your living room with you. The cost of her book is one of the best investments you can make in your campaign.


If you've ever struggled with how to begin or how to respond to ideas like, "Let's get 1,000 people to give $250 each," then this book is for you. 

Much like my neighbor's model ship building process, a successful fundraising campaign happens when the process steps are followed in order and the perspicacity is applied to see things through, no matter how long it takes. 

Click here to order your copy today!

Photo credit above: http://www.flickr.com/photos/edbierman/

No comments:

Post a Comment