Today's post shares with you more about an inspiring, focused nonprofit that effectively combined mission work and meaningful merchandise.
I received my first one of the Giving Keys from a dear and thoughtful friend after going through a challenging time.
This Los Angeles-based nonprofit employs people looking to transition out of homelessness to make bracelet, necklace, knuckle ring and iPhone case keys. The keys have inspiring messages on them, like "Dream" and "Love." Custom brief words may be chosen, too. All key proceeds support the mission of Giving Keys.
But the inspiration does not stop there.
Once you receive a key, the idea is that you are to give it away at some point to someone in your life who needs the message on the key. I gave mine ("Strength") to another friend going through her own challenging time. I have also enjoyed giving keys to additional loved ones and hearing about their journeys.
Congratulations, Giving Keys on finding a focused way to move your mission forward, again and again.
How might your nonprofit become more focused and self-perpetuating in 2014?
Photo credit above: http://www.flickr.com/photos/richard-g/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment